Monday, April 30, 2007

More than 200 followers and a fragrance review!

I cannot tell you how encouraged I am to announce that MAC Color Story Collections has more than 200 followers! Thank you so very very much! Words really can't describe how I feel!

To celebrate this little milestone, I want to share some thoughts with you about the new fragrance I'm currently using, so here it is:

kate Pictures, Images and Photos

The new fragrance is called "Parisienne" from Yves Saint Laurent...

The portrait of a woman incredibly free.
Free to think, free to act.
She was not born in Paris but Paris adopts her.
Because she conveys the joy of living and loving in the moment.

A precious flacon,
intricately carved like the labyrinth of Parisian streets,
as soft as the sheets she has just left behind,
as pink as an early morning sky,
as couture as the YSL label on black leather.

The fragrance is inspired by the idea of a modern Parisian woman...and what's the first woman that comes to your mind when you think about an adequate spokeswoman? Well, I certainly didn't think of Kate Moss but she definitely embodies the following characteristics: self-confident, unrestrained, living in the here and now and not being afraid to tell what she wants. Another example of Kate's embodiment can be seen in the promotional video for Parisienne which I attached for you at the bottom. But beware, this video isn't something you would want to watch at a kid's birthday if you get my drift. ;)

But now let's continue on to the actual experience I had with this fragrance:
Parisienne
contains a bunch of floral scents and earthy notes. You can especially smell notes of cranberry and blackberry with accents of vinyl and varnish. The middle note is dominated by Damask rose, violet and peony. In the base note I definitely detected some sandalwood, vetiver and patchouli.

The only litte critism I have for this frangrance is the experience I had with it on a day-to-day base because Parisienne and especially its top notes vanish pretty quickly. So all that you are left with are its flowery notes that make you think of one of grandma's fragrances that she used to carry her whole life.

But besides that Parisienne would be the perfect "partner in crime" for a late dinner or for a girl's
cocktail night at a hip bar on an autum's night.

I'd rate the fragrance with 3,4 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment